[Ipopt] libc.lib

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 5 04:39:39 EST 2008

Hi,

> NOw, I have the next problem...I read the list advices, but I am not able to solve it
>
> ------ Operación Generar iniciada: proyecto: hs071_cpp, configuración: Release Win32 ------
> Vinculando...
> vcf2c.lib(open.obj) : error LNK2001: símbolo externo _errno sin resolver
> vcf2c.lib(wrtfmt.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo _errno sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función _w_ed
> vcf2c.lib(endfile.obj) : error LNK2001: símbolo externo _errno sin resolver
> vcf2c.lib(sfe.obj) : error LNK2001: símbolo externo _errno sin resolver
> vcf2c.lib(fmt.obj) : error LNK2001: símbolo externo _errno sin resolver
> vcf2c.lib(wsfe.obj) : error LNK2001: símbolo externo _errno sin resolver
> vcf2c.lib(err.obj) : error LNK2001: símbolo externo _errno sin resolver
> Release/hs071_cpp.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 externos sin resolver
> El registro de compilación se guardó en el "file://c:\cygwin\home\AJR\Bonmin-MVS9\Ipopt\MSVisualStudio\v8\hs071_cpp\Release\BuildLog.htm"
> hs071_cpp - 8 errores, 0 advertencias
> ========== Generar: 0 correctos, 1 incorrectos, 5 actualizados, 0 omitidos ==========
>
> I have this error because of vcf2c.lib
>
> Do you have instructions to solve it??

This is my theory:
It could be that Ipopt has is compiled with -MT, but the f2c lib
without. Then Ipopt requires libcmt.lib, while the vcf2c.lib depends on
libc.lib. Now, by forbidding libc.lib, we made Ipopt happy, but
vcf2c.lib unhappy.
Can you check (and maybe recompile) vcf2c.lib to make sure that the -MT
flag was used when compiling? (Adding -MT to the CFLAGS in makefile.vc
should suffice.)

I am not building with Visual Studio, so I have not tried this.

Good luck,

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan