[Ipopt] nele_hess

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Wed Mar 5 08:44:35 EST 2008

Hi Ned,

> If I use
> 	AddIpoptStrOption( ipopt_problem, "hessian_approximation", "limited-
> memory" );
>
> do I have to give the number of nonzeros in the Hessian, that is, do
> I have to set nele_hess?
> The function evaluation the Hessian returns false in this case.

If you set this option, you don't need to set the nnz_h_lag variable of
the TNLP::get_nlp_info method, since this variable will not be looked at
in this case.  Also, with this option, TNLP::the eval_h method is never
going to be called.

PS: Please update your address book to now use the new Ipopt mailing list
address, ipopt at list.coin-or.org - see also
http://list.coin-or.org/pipermail/ipopt/2008-February/001046.html