[Ipopt] Compiling test programs in Visual Studio 2005

Krish Krishnan rkrishnan8216 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 11:09:24 EDT 2008

Hi All:

I successfully compiled the IPOPT library in MINGW  using the Intel Fortran Compiler and Visual Studio 2005.  This was done in "release" mode.  I next tried to compile the test program hs071_c.c as a console application in Visual Studio 2005 and statically linked it to the libipopt.lib that I had created with the earlier step.  I had to disable libcmt.lib to take care of some conflicts (redefinitions).   But after all of this I still get the following errors:

1>libifcoremt.lib(for_diags_intel.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob
1>libifcoremt.lib(for_nt_open_proc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob
1>libmmt.lib(libm_error.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob
1>libifcoremt.lib(for_init.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argv
1>libifcoremt.lib(for_init.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argc
1>C:\Users\krishnan\Documents\projects\Testipopt\Release\Testipopt.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

These are obviously coming from the Intel side.  This is maddening since I had successfully done something similar in the past.  Any clues on where I am goofing up?

Much appreciate all the help.

Thanks guys

Krish