[Ipopt] Questions about IPOPT

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Sun Jul 27 16:31:44 EDT 2008

Hi,

There is also a new (inefficient) option to compute first derivatives for
the constraints by finite differences.  The options are

jacobian_approximation        ("exact")
    Specifies technique to compute constraint Jacobian
    Possible values:
     - exact                   [user-provided derivatives]
     - finite-difference-values [user-provided structure, values by finite
                                differences]

findiff_perturbation                   0 <  (      1e-07) <  +inf
    Size of the finite difference perturbation for derivative approximation.
      This determines the relative perturbation of the variable entries.

You will still have to provide the sparcity structure of the constraint
Jacobian.

Andreas