[Coin-ipopt] warm start from AMPL

Adela Pagès Bernaus pages25300 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 3 06:23:43 EST 2008

Hi all,

I want to try the warm-start feature from AMPL. The problem I wish to try is easy, but I don't know if it is possible:
- If a problem needs 40 iterations to reach the solution, I wish to *solve* the problem 40 times doing only *one* iteration per solve. If AMPL and Ipopt can pass all the information about a point this should be possible, shouldn't be?

I'm trying to figure out this hypothesis with a file_print_level of 8 but the information issued is not clear to me. Can anyone help me? Is there any option which forces Ipopt to take the point given by the user?

Thanks in advance!
Adela