[Ipopt] Ipopt Digest, Vol 38, Issue 8

ZhangWeizhong greatzwz at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:51:18 EST 2008

Hi,all:
     Do we must supply "values" in eval_jac_g manually because IPOPT can not provide these automatically?
     It seems that we do not have to provide the values(just index of the jacobian matrix is fine) to NAG.
     The two differences between NAG and IPOPT now for me are
      1. IPOPT needs to be provided with the derivative of the objective function, which is not required in NAG.
      2. IPOPT needs to be provided with the jacobian of the constraints manually, in NAG, just the structure of the jacobian is needed.
     Am I right for these?
     Thank you.
                                 Weizhong Zhang