[Coin-ipopt] Designing a custom linear solver for IPOPT

Peter Carbonetto pcarbo at cs.ubc.ca
Sat Feb 9 20:08:59 EST 2008

I'm wondering if anyone of this mailing list has at some point found the
default linear solvers (MA27, PARDISO, etc.) insufficient for solving
their constrained optimization problem, and has resorted to designing
their own linear solver tailored to their particular problem. If so, I'm
wondering whether they would be willing to impart some technical advice on
getting it to work in IPOPT.

I realize that implementing a linear solver can be a large task.

Rather, I'm more interested in finding out how you overrode the default
settings for the TNLP class, and some advice on implementing the
AugSystemSolver interface.

Thanks,

Peter Carbonetto
Ph.D. Candidate