[Coin-ipopt] FW: Help on "Hessian Approximation" of my optimization problem

ZhangWeizhong greatzwz at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:52:19 EST 2008

     Sorry, I forgot the detailed information
     IPOPT version: 3.3.3
     My computer is i686 2.6.20-16-generic, ubuntu 7.10

From: greatzwz at hotmail.comTo: greatzwz at hotmail.comSubject: Help on "Hessian Approximation" of my optimization problemDate: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 16:29:04 -0500

Hi, friends:    Sorry to bother you.    I have one problem regarding "Hessian Approximation" in IPOPT application.    In the main program, the option is configured as  "app->Options()-  SetStringValue("hessian_approximation","limited-memory")".    It is indicated in the menu, I do not have to implement "bool eval_h()", so I commented it out in my_program.cpp and my_program.hpp.    Then my program can be compiled successfully, however the resulted executable program is not working, the error message is    "Segmentation fault(core dumped)".      I thought maybe that I did not provide the hessian informationin the method "get_nlp_info(.... Index&nnz_h_lag...)". Thus I commented this parameter out in my_program.cpp and my_program.hpp correspondingly. Afterwards, I compiled the program. It still is successfully compiled. Now when I execute it, the error message is     "pure virtual method called      terminate called without an active exception"         I have searched the website, it seems all the methods I used did not include itself or other methods which are not defined previously.Thus I do not know why the error indicates "pure virtual method called".     If anybody can help, I would appreciate that.    Thank you so much.                                           Weizhong Zhang          > Subject: Welcome to the "Coin-ipopt" mailing list (Digest mode)> From: coin-ipopt-request at list.coin-or.org> To: greatzwz at hotmail.com> Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 16:09:16 -0500> > Welcome to the Coin-ipopt at list.coin-or.org mailing list!> > To post to this list, send your email to:> > coin-ipopt at list.coin-or.org> > General information about the mailing list is at:> > http://list.coin-or.org/mailman/listinfo/coin-ipopt> > If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to> or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your> subscription page at:> > http://list.coin-or.org/mailman/options/coin-ipopt/greatzwz%40hotmail.com> > > You can also make such adjustments via email by sending a message to:> > Coin-ipop
t-request at list.coin-or.org> > with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the> quotes), and you will get back a message with instructions.> > You must know your password to change your options (including changing> the password, itself) or to unsubscribe. It is:> > 8686> > Normally, Mailman will remind you of your list.coin-or.org mailing> list passwords once every month, although you can disable this if you> prefer. This reminder will also include instructions on how to> unsubscribe or change your account options. There is also a button on> your options page that will email your current password to you.

用 Windows Live Spaces 展示个性自我,与好友分享生活! 了解更多信息!