[Ipopt] Help with IPOPT linking problems on Windows MSVC

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Fri Aug 29 12:22:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

>> Last, is there any move on Ipopt towards a cross-platform build environment with
>> ipopt or COIN-OR in general?
>
> Not that I know.
> The configure system has something for cross-platform builds, but I
> never tried it out and I'm quite sure it will not work just
> out-of-the-box ;-).

Well, I did use the Ipopt configure scripts to cross-compile Ipopt for my
Ipod (yes, I know, it's geeky), but I remember that at some point there
was a problem (maybe just because there was no fortran compiler for the
compiler I used for the Ipod, so I used f2c).  In case you care, yes,
Ipopt runs on an old Ipod with Linux, but it is so slow (the CPU doesn't
have floating point instructions, so everything is emulated by integer
arithmetic, and it is slow anyway) that you can see almost a line by line
output for tiny problems...

Anyway, for cross compilation you need to specify the --host argument for
configure, and all compilers and compiler flags that are different from
what you get on the system you are running configure on.

For example, for my cross compilation I ran:

configure --host=arm-uclinux-elf  CC=gcc CXX=g++ ....

Cheers,