[Ipopt] Linker errors

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 13 04:12:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

> To rectify this, I rewrote the entire application as a console application,

What about the file logging option of Ipopt?

> substituting the STL string class for the MFC CString etc.  When I try to link
> this to IpOpt library, there is a clash of libraries - IpOpt was linked to (I
> believe libcmt.lib ) using the MTd option as a default.  This causes a conflict
> with libraries such as msvcrt.

Did you compile your application also with -MTd?
If not everything it compiled with the same option (-MT, -MTd, or no
-MT), then things are likely to make trouble.

> Can anyone well versed in the peculiarites of Visual C help?  What are the
> libraries I should exclude since IpOpt was linked with MTd?

You can try to exclude libcmtd.lib and hope that it finds everything in
libcmt.lib (if that is what your code uses).

Best,

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan