[Coin-ipopt] nlp info not coherent ?

Tran Minh Tuan tmtuan at laas.fr
Wed Oct 24 11:08:31 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am a new commer to Ipopt with an optimal control problem. Here are
some infos from my program (in C version):

// values given into CreateIpoptProblem
----------------- nlp -----------------
number of variables = 4900
number of constraint functions = 3664
number of non-zero elements in Jacobian of the constraints = 42972

// values read from IpoptProblem structure
----------> info from nlp problem <------------
n = 4900
m = 3664
nele_jac = 42972
nele_hess = 0
index_style = 0

// values got when calling IpoptSolve
Number of nonzeros in equality constraint Jacobian...:    42629
Number of nonzeros in inequality constraint Jacobian.:        0
Number of nonzeros in Lagrangian Hessian.............:        0

Total number of variables............................:     4833
                      variables with only lower bounds:        0
                 variables with lower and upper bounds:      594
                      variables with only upper bounds:        0
Total number of equality constraints.................:     3664
Total number of inequality constraints...............:        0
         inequality constraints with only lower bounds:        0
    inequality constraints with lower and upper bounds:        0
         inequality constraints with only upper bounds:        0

So we can see that the values before calling Ipopt are coherent but
the value of number of variables and non-zero elements are not
correct ? Could you explain me why ?

Thanks a lot,