Re: [Coin-ipopt] Is Ipopt + MUMPS thread safe?

Damien Hocking damien at khubla.com
Thu Oct 11 12:18:34 EDT 2007

I'm pretty sure IPOPT isn't thread-safe.  MUMPS definitely isn't.  If you want to run two separate solves in two threads, you need a separate instance of IPOPT in each thread.  Watch your BLAS and LAPACK libraries too, if they're old F77 codes, they might have things like SAVE statements, which means you should only run one instance in any process space.

Damien
  _____