[Coin-ipopt] MUMPS on MinGW?

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Tue Nov 27 19:02:01 EST 2007

Hi John,

I have never tried to compile MUMPS under MinGW, mainly because I didn't
have a Fortran 90 compiler for Windows (someone recently told me that
there is now a gfortran version for MinGW, which is I guess what you are
using).

There is a mailing list for MUMPS, where the developers usually very
quickly help out.  I assume that they are also quite interested to have
MUMPS working on MinGW, so you might want to give it a try to contact them
that way.  There is a link to a "MUMPS Users' mailing list" on the MUMPS
website, http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/MUMPS/.

As for BLAS, you could just download the BLAS sources from netlib and
compile them before compiling MUMPS.  Even better, you could try to
install the optimized Atlas implementation of BLAS
(http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/) which probably will give you much
better performance than the netlib BLAS for large problems.

If you find out how to compile Ipopt with MUMPS on MinGW, it would be
great if you could write down your experience somewhere on the Ipopt wiki
page, e.g., at the "Hints and Tricks" page
https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/wiki/HintsAndTricks

Thanks,

Andreas