[Coin-ipopt] question on "overall NLP error"

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Mon Nov 5 15:33:06 EST 2007

Hi

You also asked about the meaning of the different error types.  Their
definition can be found in the Ipopt implementation paper,

http://www.research.ibm.com/people/a/andreasw/papers/ipopt.pdf

on page 3, Eq. (5).

The terms in the max are:

1. Dual infeasibility
2. Primal feasibility
3. Complementarity

And the quantity E_{\mu}(x,\lambda,z) is the overall NLP error (with
\mu=0)

Hope this clarifies,

Andreas