[Coin-ipopt] ASL error message: "solver cannot handle CLP extensions" ?

David Elixmann david.elixmann at gmx.net
Wed May 30 05:19:59 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to solve an AMPL model, and IPOPT gives me the error message:

   ASL error message: "solver cannot handle CLP extensions"

What does that error message mean? What is a CLP extension, and how can I avoid it?

The model solved just fine with IPOPT, until I commented out some equations. Then this error message appeared. I am using Ipopt version 3.2.4.

Best regards,

David Elixmann