[Coin-ipopt] Re: Problem with Ma57 - Ipopt 3.2.4

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Mon May 28 15:05:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

Please read the ThirdParty/HSL/INSTALL.HSL file carefully.  This contains
the correct information in terms of how to include MA57 at the end.  Note
that you will need to create a file called "ma57ad.f" that contains the
MA57 code INCLUDING ALL DEPENDENCIES.  When Victor followed those
instructions, it had also worked for him.

When you have done all this, you need to rerun configure (delete the
config.cache file if you have one).  In the ThirdParty/HSL/config.log file
you should see something like:

configure:20278: checking for /home/andreasw/COIN-svn/Ipopt/trunk/ThirdParty/HSL/ma57ad.f
configure:20293: result: yes

If that isn't there then there is something wrong with your files.

As for Damien's suggestion to set HAVE_MA57 by hand in the header file,
I'm afraid that won't work smoothly.

If all this doesn't help, please create a ticket at the Ipopt Trac page.

Greetings,

Andreas