[Coin-ipopt] Gams-IPOPT: SOLVER ERROR getHesRecChecked: the Hessian records have been exhausted

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Wed May 2 12:29:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

> I am running Ipopt through the gams interface and I obtain an error
> message telling me that the " records of the Hessian have been
> exhausted".
> What does this mean? Is there a way to fix this error?

I'm not sure what it mean, but I guess that the memory that is allocated
to compute a Hessian inside the GAMS I/O libraries is exhausted.
You can try to run with the option WORKFACTOR=100 on the gams command
line, or add the line "option model.workfactor=100;" in your gams model
file, where model stands for the name of your model.
Also you can try larger (or smaller) values then 100.

Best,

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan