Fwd: [Coin-ipopt] Re: ipopt build error in VS.Net 2003

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu Mar 15 17:59:37 EDT 2007

Hi all,

>>  i want to use Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2003 to compile the ....
>
> I guess that you don't have a Fortran complier that be consistenc with your
> MSVC as it is essential, for compiling HSL/Blas/Lapack.

I don't think that Saeed is using an inconsistent compiler, since the only
symbol missing is one from Lapack.  It rather looks that I didn't update
the project files for Lapack after they releases a new version.

> simpler solution for windows is using cygwin.

That is true, and the configure scripts and Makefiles support this.  Even
easier might be MinGW.

> I think that it is worth if IPOPT developer release some precompiled binary
> of library for windows users.

Yes that would be easier, but so far Ipopt depended on hirty party code
(MA27) that we cannot redistribute, and it is only available for free for
non-commercial purposes.

However, I have been promising for a while that we want to include support
for the public domain linear solver MUMPS, and I'm getting to the finish
line with that.  once this is working fine, we will distribute binaries
within the COIN Binary Distribution Project
https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinBinary