[Coin-ipopt] installation problem in ipopt

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu Mar 15 16:54:11 EDT 2007

Hi Gaoqiang,

I don't have the compilers to reproduce the error message.  It seems to me
that somehow the Fortran runtime libraries (for symbols
such as _for_write_seq_lis) are missing, and it seems that also the
symbols declared in the Ipopt library are not there.

As for the Fortran runtime libraries, I don't really know what the problem
might be (different options...?). Does anybody else reading this list have
an idea?

As for the missing Ipopt symbols (such as _IPCREATE), the problem could be
that the project for the hs071_f executable doesn't know that it should
like with the Ipopt library (dependencies set correctly?).  Or, it could
be that you are using a different calling convention or name mangling in
your Fortran compiler than the default...(?)  If the Fortran compiler is
set to expect a different name mangling (such as lower instead of upper
case), either change the compiler setting or you need to modify the
definition of the F77_FUNC and F77_FUNC_ macros defined in
BuildTools/headers/configall_system_msc.h

If that doesn't help, please submit a ticket at the Ipopt home back, and
include as much information as you can (compiler versions, which version
of the code you are using, whether you used the default project files or
if you modified them, if you are using non-standard compiler settings
etc).