[Coin-ipopt] line search

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Fri Mar 9 12:09:13 EST 2007

Hi Rohallah,

> Is it possible to define maximum number of function calls in the
> line-search procedure?

Why would you want to do this?

Do you want to switch to the restoration phase earlier?  In that case you
would have to increase alpha_min_frac, but currently there is an upper
bound of 1 (if larger, we might not be able to guarantee global
convergence, but I could disable the upper bound on this option so that
you could try it).

Or if you just want to switch off the line search, you could use

accept_every_trial_step yes

which will accept the first trial point (and often the algorithm will fail
to converge).