[Coin-ipopt] Re: [Coin-discuss] IPOPT: build and linking questions

damien at khubla.com damien at khubla.com
Mon Jul 23 15:46:15 EDT 2007

Hi all.

MUMPS can be a long compile depending on how you set it up.  It comes with
4 versions by default:  single and double precision real, and single and
double precision complex.  If you build all 4 it definitely takes a while.
 On *Nix/*Nux, you can change the MUMPS top-level makefile to just build
the double-precision real version which speeds things up a bit.

Dynamically loading a MUMPS .so or dll is feasible and worth considering.
BUT:  Remember that IPOPT is used on Windows as well (MUMPS was first put
into IPOPT on a Windows build before it was submitted to COIN) and the
syntax for loading dynamic libraries on *Nix/*Nux and Windows is
different.  There's only one major entry point for calling MUMPS, and
making a dynamically-loadable library on both platforms is doable.  I'll
have a look at the code in the next little while and try a few things out.

Damien