[Coin-ipopt] Version 3.3.3 in subversion

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Fri Dec 21 10:53:22 EST 2007

Hi Rodrigo,

Here is how the svn repository is organized for COIN projects:

- Each project has a release subdiretory, where specific (fixed!) releases
   can be found, such as:

   https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/Ipopt/releases/3.3.3

   If you check out such a release branch with subversion, you will get
   exactly what you also get through the tarball.

- Each project has stable branches, such

   https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/Ipopt/stable/3.3

   This is supposed to be the latest stable version of the code, and from
   time to time, releases as made from this stable branch as snapshots.

   I usually suggest to users to download the stable branch for Ipopt if
   they are using subversion, since then they can easily get updates with
   'svn update'.

   You seem to be using the stable branch version ("Ipopt 3.3stable").  If
   you did an 'svn update' recently and recompiled, you should have pretty
   much the latest release of Ipopt, maybe already with some new features
   or bug fixes.

- Each project also has a development (trunk) branch, which is used by the
   developers, and might contain code that is not stable.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers

Andreas

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, [UTF-8] Rodrigo López Negrete de la Fuente wrote:

> Hi all,

Quick question. Is the Ipopt version downloadable through subversion the
same as the 3.3.3 tarball? I'm using subversion, and after compilation I run
./ipopt -v and get

Ipopt 3.3stable (Linux 2.6.22-14-generic), ASL(20070124)

So I'm unsure if this is 3.3.3 or just 3.3.0.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Rodrigo

--
Rodrigo López Negrete de la Fuente