[Coin-ipopt] IPOPT as an Excel solver plugin

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Wed Dec 19 20:54:10 EST 2007

Hi,

> I thought IPOPT was one of the engines available with Frontline's
> Premium solver. Can someone confirm?

I don't know about that.  It seems that they have Knitro, though...

>> The client needs Excel, they're a Windows shop.  I'll see what I can do to
>> make it cross-platform though.

It would definitly be great to have something like this!

I'm just wondering how nonlinear functions would be given to the
optimizer...?  Does one have to specify all derivatives, or would you use
finited differences or automatic differentiation?

Thanks,

Andreas