[Coin-ipopt] Re: IPOPT installation in Windows/Matlab.

Peter Carbonetto pcarbo at cs.ubc.ca
Sat Dec 8 13:10:26 EST 2007

Antonio,

    I'm copying your question (and my response) to the IPOPT mailing list
since others may be interested in your question, and perhaps someone may
have a better answer than I do.

> I'm trying to install IPOPT in Windows following the steps you created
> in https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/wiki/MatlabInterface. Well, I
> believe the only one thing I need (and which I've found nowhere, since
> my computer skills on these issues are rather limited) are the flags
> used during the installation steps of IPOPT, that's to say, the flags
> demanded by Matlab to compile the code in Windows. In your installation
> procedure, you mentioned them on Linux and Mac OS X 10.3.9.

    I'm afraid don't have any experience with Matlab for Windows. What you
need to look for is a file that keeps track of your MEX options. When you
run "mex -setup", it is supposed to install an options file probably
somewhere in your home directory. On Linux and Mac OS X, it installs it my
home directory under the .matlab folder. On my system, the file is called
mexopts.sh. If you are having trouble locating the file, some of the
technical documentation at www.mathworks.com may be able to help you
(also, try searching the comp.soft-sys.matlab Usenet group for answers).

Peter