[Coin-ipopt] Online bug report system

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Tue May 2 19:19:41 EDT 2006

Hi

If you are using Ipopt and run into situations that you think may be a bug
in Ipopt, it will be helpful to us (and maybe to to you if we fix it :) to
learn about it.

This mailing list is probably not a good place to report such bugs, so we
want to start using the bug ticket report system that is integrated in the
Trac system, which is what the Ipopt web pages are based on.

If you want to report a bug, please go to the Ipopt projects page and
click on the tab on the top of the page that reads "New Ticket" (the
direct link is http://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/newticket ).

There you can describe the problem you encounter, and if you provide your
email address in the first box, you will be notified if there are changes
to the ticket.  The Ipopt developers are automatically notified, so there
is no need to send an additional message to the mailing list or the
developers.  You can always check the status of tickets using the "View
Tickets" tab (direct URL: http://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/report ).

When registering a bug or problem, please include as much information as
possible, such as operating system, compiler, compiler options etc.  You
also have the option to add attachments, for example programming code or
an AMPL model file, so that we can reproduce the problem.  If possible,
please make such an example as simple as you can.  Also, our preferred
development environment is Linux, so unless the problem is operating
system specific, it would make life much easier for us if the code is
written to be compiled on non-specific platforms (unless it is Linux ;).

Of course, please do not include any confidential information in your
report.  Also, in some cases, due to the difference of floating point
operations (caused by different rounding of the finite precision numbers),
we might not be able to reproduce the error unless we can regenerate
exactly the same executable as you.

Anyway, I hope the new system will be useful, but since we write almost
bug-free code, it might be a quite boring site to watch ;))

Cheers,