[Coin-ipopt] a question

Carl Damon Laird claird at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 30 20:03:21 EST 2006

I am not sure what you mean by "get the objective function through another
iteration". If your objective function is a particular subroutine, then it
is certainly possible to use the Fortran interface (or Matlab if it is a
Matlab subroutine) to define the problem. If you do not know the form of
the objective function however, you will need to find some way to estimate
the derivatives (at least first derivatives). This might mean using
automatic differentiation or finite difference approximations.

Hope this helps,

Carl.