[Coin-ipopt] Re: linking IPOPT in VC++ 6.0

damien at khubla.com damien at khubla.com
Tue Mar 21 12:38:05 EST 2006

Sorry, I meant to put this in too, I hit Send too fast.  You don't need to
try and line up the dlls with Cygwin.  The VS 7 C++ compiler (without the
Visual environment) is free from MS, with a pretty much unrestricted
license.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/

The VS8 one isn't released yet.

Damien

> Hi Guys,
>
> you can't build IPOPT 3.x under Visual Studio 6.  You'll get their famous
> "internal compiler error" on the templates.  I went through all sorts of
> hoops a few weeks ago trying to get this to work.  VS 6 doesn't have the
> latest round of template functionality from the C++ revisions, MS
> deliberately only put them into VS7 and higher to encourage people to
> upgrade.
>
> Damien
>
>> Hallo Michael,
>>
>> I'm copying your message to the mailing list, in case someone else
>> reading
>> this has an idea...
>>
>>> Unfortunately we ran into some troubles, when we tried to install IPOPT
>>> along
>>> with Diffpack.
>>> The reason is that Diffpack is running under Windows using the
>>> Microsoft
>>> VC++
>>> 6.0