[Coin-ipopt] Ipopt with CUTEr

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Mon Jan 30 22:56:13 EST 2006

Hi John,

many thanks for pointing out that the webpage was hacked!  I just fixed it
- we might have to use password protection at some point... :(

As for your question:  Please send questions like this to the mailing list
in the future (http://list.coin-or.org/mailman/listinfo/coin-ipopt), since
some other people (in particular the CUTEr guru, Dominique Orban) read
that too and might be able to help you better than I can.

In general, if you want to use CUTEr, the procedure is the following (or
at least it is mean to work that way):

1. Install CUTEr
2. Get the code for Ipopt
3. Install Ipopt (./configure..... make install)
4. Type 'make cuter' in the Ipopt base directory.

The last point should update the CUTEr scripts, so that everything is
there to run Ipopt with CUTEr.  For the C++ verison, you can then use

sdipo HS100

(or any other problem instead of HS100) to run the code.  (For the Fortran
version it is sdipopt)

I hope this helps,

Andreas