[Coin-ipopt] Matlab interface

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu Jan 12 16:00:13 EST 2006

Hi Naresh,

I just downloaded the Ipopt_2005Oct18.tgz file, and it correctly contains
the entire package.  Maybe the confusion is that this file has been
created by first "tar"-ing it, and then "gzip"-ing it, i.e., the file you
might have seen was Ipopt_2005Oct18.tar after you only un-gzip-ed it.

In UNIX or Linux, you can unpack this tarball using the command

> tar xvzf Ipopt_2005Oct18.tgz

or in two steps:

> gunzip Ipopt_2005Oct18.tgz
> tar xvf Ipopt_2005Oct18.tar

Under Windows this probably depends on the program that you use to unpack
compressed files, and you might have to play around with it.  Maybe you
find some more helpful information at http://www.coin-or.org/faqs.html.

As for the an matlab interface for the new C++ version, you might be able
to get some more information from the developers of that interface (see
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/steinhau/Research/mex-interfaces.html) as
to when and whether they are intending to update their interface to the
C++ version of Ipopt.

Hope this helps,

Andreas