[Coin-ipopt] Ipopt for nonlinear least-squares

herve.martin.sc@libertysurf.fr herve.martin.sc at libertysurf.fr
Wed Dec 20 07:42:02 EST 2006

Hi,

I already use Ipopt (with success so far) for solving
nonlinear optimization problems, and I am thinking to use it
for nonlinear data fitting.

So, in the case there are no constraints, I was thinking of
giving to Ipopt the Gauss-Newton approximation to the
hessian. I would be interested to know if it is valid to use
Ipopt for this kind of minimization. Will Ipopt be as
efficient as more specialized methods like
Levenberg-Marquardt ? Are there special considerations about
scaling of the problem with this approach ?

Thanks,
Hervé

Protégez vos enfants des dangers d'Internet en installant Sécurité Enfants, le contrôle parental d'Alice.
http://www.aliceadsl.fr/securitepc/default_copa.asp