[Coin-ipopt] IDE for IP-OPT

Dahai Xu dahaixu at cse.buffalo.edu
Wed Apr 19 12:55:56 EDT 2006

Hi,

> Ipopt comes with project files for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET. It has a
> graphical IDE complete with a very reasonable debugger.

I got the project files for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET work. It is very
nice to debug the problem using IPOPT as a debuggable library. But I was
wondering what's the major difficulty of extending the .NET project file to
build an IPOPT.exe with AMPL interface under the framework of .NET. (.i.e
not use configure script and cgywin)

I tried to link Apps\AmplSolver\*.cpp with ipopt.lib and amplsolv.lib, but
got
"
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBC' conflicts with use of other libs;
use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
amplsolv.lib(fpinitmt.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__beginthread referenced in function _siglisten
"

I understand the meaning of "installation with cygwin with GNU compliers",
but cannnot catch the major point of "installation with cygwin, .Net and
configure script". If we have to use cygwin, why should we bother to use
.NET as well (just for better speed)?

Thanks.

Yours sincerely
Dahai Xu