[Coin-ipopt] MKL Pardiso

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Sat Apr 8 12:27:48 EDT 2006

Hi Javier,

As far as I know, the current release of the MKL does not have a version
of Pardiso in there that includes the changes that the Pardiso developers
Olaf Schenk and Michael Hagemann did to make it work correctly with Ipopt.
(Olaf and Michael, if you are reading this, is that correct?).

You might be lucky that it sometimes works with the Pardiso version in the
MKL, particularly if you are solving a convex problem (most changes were
related to correctly handling the non-convex case).

By the way, in the Pardiso library currently available at the Pardiso
website, a few minor changes are not yet included, but they are not
essential.  However, if you obtain Pardiso from there, you probably should
get the new releaes once it is out...  I will try to remember to make sure
that we send a message to the mailing list when that happened.

Hope this answers your question,

Andreas