[Coin-ipopt] How is TRON used in IPOPT?

Don Jones email4don at comcast.net
Fri May 20 06:23:43 EDT 2005

Hello COIN-IPOPT,

I have installed IPOPT and it is working nicely for me.    But I have a question about TRON.   This was included in the "OTHERS" directory as if it were needed software for the installation.   However, the file README.Windows, which describes how to build IPOPT using Compaq Visual Fortran, does not list any of the TRON files as needed for the installation.  And indeed I have build a running version without TRON.

I am wondering if there is some kind of option to use TRON and, if this is true, whether this makes things work better.

Thanks!

Don Jones
don.jones at gm.com