[Coin-ipopt] Precision Init of Vars in Equality Constraints is Key!?

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Wed Mar 30 22:12:35 EST 2005

Hi Frank,

Sorry for not replying earlier, I just re-discovered your message in my
INBOX...

The user provided starting point makes quite difference in the behavor of
Ipopt (and any other nonlinear optimizer). However, I don't quite see how
a difference in the last digit can make such a difference in behavior (or
did you also change other parts of the model, like the dimension?).  It
would be nice if you could send me the AMPL model files for the two cases
(please not to the mailing list to avoid spamming the other subscriber's
inboxes :).  I'll try to look at some point...

Thanks for letting me know,

Andreas