[Coin-ipopt] Re: AMPL interface for IPOPT Fortran Version (on Windows)

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Tue Jun 21 09:50:41 EDT 2005

Rajendra,

You wrote:

-------- 8< -------------------------

I followed the same instructions you mentioned in the previous mail I am
getting the following errors when I run ./configure command in
/home/pvr/COIN/ipopt/ directory.

E281527 at ie10dtxp8rsz81s /cygdrive/c/cygwin/home/pvr/coin/ipopt
$ ./configure
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking for icc... no
checking for cl... cl
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler
 cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

-------- 8< -------------------------

The output says that configure found 'cl' as the C compiler - 'cl' is the
name of the native Microsoft C compiler.  It is possible to build the
Ipopt AMPL executabe using those compilers (if you also have a Fortran
compiler), but it is more complicated, and it is hard to give advice
without knowing your local setup.

You can tell the configure script directly what compilers should be used.
To build the Ipopt AMPL executable in Cygwin with the GNU compilers (which
is easier), you can use the command

./configure CC=gcc F77=g77
Please give that a try and let us know if that works, so that I can update
the Windows installation documentation.

Thanks

Andreas

PS: Please send your messages to the mailing list and not directly to me
(unless you have larger attachements, which you can send in a separate
email to me).  Thanks.