[Coin-ipopt] IPOPT in beowulf clusters

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Wed Dec 21 11:33:15 EST 2005

Hi Rodrigo,

I don't know how to answer your question; I don't have much experience on
beowulf clusters.  I assume you are asking how to use AMPL/Ipopt in a
queueing system, with several instances running at the same time.

You can probably just do it as with any other executable.  You would have
to start the ampl interpreter in your shell script, giving it an AMPL
model file with the model, data, and solve command etc, and just run it.
It is probably a good idea to run those instances that are to be executed
in parallel in different directories.  However, this assumes that you have
an AMPL license to start as many AMPL interpreters as you want on the
machines that you want to run it on.  The Ipopt solver executable can be
run without restrictions.

Don't know if that is what you are looking for, but that's all I can
contribute.

Andreas