[Coin-ipopt] the question about Ipopt examples

zwerhu zwerhu at graduate.shu.edu.cn
Mon Dec 12 20:38:15 EST 2005

Dear Dr. Andreas,     I have a problem to ask you for some help.My major is not about optimization, but I must solve some NLP problems for the current research aim. Though I am not very good at nonlinear programming theory, I managed to use Ipopt to solve some NLP problems which has only equality constraints. But I have really some difficulties in solving the problems with inequality constraints. I have studied your theses about Ipopt and you said that we can use the slack variables. But I can't find the example that treat about this kind of problems in your paper and there're no examples in the Matlab interface files that I downloaded. Can you give me a simple example that solve the NLP with inequality constraint(including some details) ? Or can you show me the paper of yours that concern about this kind of problem? I think that there should be some examples about this kind of problems in the example files of Ipopt Matlab interface. I know this may cost you some time, and we will be very thankful to your help.                    Best Wishes                   W. Zhang