[Coin-ipopt] Ipopt C++ 3.0.0 print_level options

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Tue Dec 6 15:56:50 EST 2005

Hi Wei,

You are right, there is a problem setting the print_level using the
Options() method on the IpoptApplication - this is one of the things we
will have to clean up in the new release.

The easiest solution is if you would just create a file called PARAMS.DAT
(this is one of the ways you can set options in Ipopt).  In that file
include the line

print_level 0

This should work and switch off the output, if you put that PARAMS.DAT
file into the directory where you execute your program.  On the long run
this is not nice, but we hope to fix that soon.