[Coin-ipopt] Difficulities in installation on SunOS

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu Aug 18 12:04:10 EDT 2005

Hi Danh,

1. It seems that BLAS and LAPACK are missing when you try to link the
example?  It seems to me that you are not using the Makefile that is
produced by configure for the example?  (FFLAGS for configure is '-O5
-xtarget=native', but when you compile the example you have '-O
-xtarget=native').  The Makefile for the example is created automatically
to fit whatever configure finds out.  If you make changes to that
Makefile, things might not work.  So, first try to compile the example
with the Makefile that is installed by configure, and if that works, you
can start making changes.

2. As for your Linux cluster compilation - check the 'config.log' file.
The configure script finds the Intel compiler icc, but there seems to be a
problem on your system with that compiler.  If you want to use a different
compiler, specify it with CC='gcc' and F77='g77', for example.

Andreas