[Coin-ipopt] Limit on MU

Carl Damon Laird claird at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 3 11:49:23 EDT 2005

Hi Ivan,

I assume that the reason you want a smaller mu is to produce a solution
that is tighter to the bound for the active variables.

It has been my experience that reducing dinfmaxtol (to something like
1e-10) pulls things in tighter, although I have never done this with a
large overall tolerance. Furthermore, I assume that you use a large
tolerance because of noise in the problem (derivatives?) and this is not
the case with my problems.

Anyway, it is something to try before modifying the code.

Cheers,

Carl.