[Coin-ipopt] Ipopt static library for native windows compiler

Andreas Joanni joanni at massivbau.bauwesen.tu-muenchen.de
Tue Sep 14 09:40:04 EDT 2004

Dear Ipopt-Team,

I was wondering if you would be so kind and help me with the following
problems:

I have Windows 2000 available with a Compaq Digital Fortran 6 and
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 compiler. Furthermore, I have the current
Cygwin environment with gcc and g77 and other necessary tools.

What I would like to do is to produce a static Ipopt library that I can
compile and link with Fortran code using Digital Fortran 6 in a pure
Windows environment (actually, I want to produce a static Dfo library
for Windows). Now, I learned from previous postings that compiling the
Ipopt Fortran and C sources with Digital Fortran and Visual C++ manually
won't work for some reasons.

On the other hand, it was no problem to produce the libipopt.a library
in the Cygwin environment with the gnu compiler and the -mno-cygwin
option. However, I don't know how to convert the .a library into a .lib
library that I can link with Digital Fortran object files. Is there a
way to accomplish that?

The second question is, I have the precompiled Intel MKL 7.0 for Windows
libraries available, is there any possibility to include these instead
of the reference implementations when using the Cygwin environment?

Hopefully my questions are not beyond the scope of this mailing list.
Thanks a lot and best regards,