[Coin-ipopt] New C++ Version

Olaf Schenk olaf.schenk at unibas.ch
Wed Dec 15 08:45:54 EST 2004

Hi Javier,

I am one of the authors of PARDISO. The Intel MKL DSS solver and the
Intel MKL version of PARDISO are only able to factor symmetric
indefinite systems with diagonal pivoting techniques. Unfortunately,
diagonal pivoting is not stable for the IPOPT matrices and I can not
recommend these two solvers for IPOPT.  However, we have integrated
additional new pivoting techniques into a recent version of PARDISO and
this new version will also be part of a future MKL release.

You can find experimental results with IPOPT matrices and the new
version of PARDISO at
http://www.computational.unibas.ch/cs/scicomp/publications/oschenk-etna.pdf

The new version of the sparse solver for highly symmetric indefinite
matrices is also available at
http://www.computational.unibas.ch/cs/scicomp/software/pardiso/

Best regards,
Olaf