[Coin-ipopt] Small problem to solver the big one...

Arvind Uppili Raghunathan aur at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Apr 16 11:44:51 EDT 2004

Hi Karsten,

  I have some prior experience in formulating optimal control problems in
AMPL and solving it using IPOPT. Usually things have worked or atleast I
have made them work. Let me know if I can help you in any way. You can
send me the mod files if you wish and I can get back to you with my
understanding.

  About AMPL not accepting the ipoptAMPL_options flag - I have had trouble
too. It seems like AMPL is not passing the flags correctly when invoking
the solver. You can also try the following,

 i) create a .nl file by issuing
    write gstub ;
 after you have loaded the model in AMPL.
 ii) run the model from command prompt as
     ipoptAMPL stub "imaxiter = 10000"
 This should work.

  Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Cheers
Arvind