[Coin-ipopt] Small problem to solver the big one...

Karsten Theissen tbb at math.uni-muenster.de
Fri Apr 16 05:37:45 EDT 2004

Hello again,

I tested our ipopt-version with the programs Andreas told me. "of course it
worked...." So it seemed that something has to be wrong with my models (by
the way : AMPL and LOQO solved them without problems). So I write down the
easiest model (for solving optimal control problems with ODE's) that I can
imagine and  "of course it doesn't work". He told me that he reached the
iteration limit. So, now comes the small problem:

Telling him:

option ipoptAMPL_options "imaxiter = 10000";

doesn't work. He ignores it.

Can anybody tell me how I can write ipoptAMPL_options so that ipopt get it??
I only find the names of the options in the "Help-Readme-File" but not the
exact syntax (but maybe I'm blind).

Thank you very much!

Karsten

P.S.: If anybody has solved discrete optimal control problems with ODE's or
PDE's with ipopt it would be nice if he can exchange some experience about
the ipoptAMPL options.