[Coin-ipopt] Re: TAUCS and COIN/Ipopt

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu Sep 11 11:19:56 EDT 2003

Hi Sivan,

Many thanks for the good news!  Since the solution of the linear system is
usually the computational bottleneck, we are very interested to try and
include alternative codes for that task.

It would be great if you could add the inertia computation to TAUCS and
send me the changed code (or make it available).  I will be happy to write
the interface to TAUCS.  Since I have to attend a few other things first,
this might not happen within the next two weeks, but I will try to do it
as soon as I find time for it.

As usual I would ask users of Ipopt that would like to use TAUCS (once we
have tested and approved it) to obtain it separately from your website and
put the source code (or the compiled library) into a certain directory,
since we cannot offer third party code on COIN.  If I understand your
license correctly, there is no restriction regarding the use, also not for
commercial purposes, correct?

Many thanks again for letting us know about TAUCS.