[Coin-ipopt] asking clear question about IPOPT

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Wed Nov 19 17:36:27 EST 2003

Dear Masoud,

> thank you for your attention to our problem.
> Our problem is "how to use cygWin as suggested in the README.Windows?"

I just checked the READ.Windows file, and I realized that there was a typo
in the URL for Cygwin (sorry!).  It should read "www.cygwin.com" instead
of "www.cywgin.com".  This might have caused some confusion...

In any case, I haven't worked with CygWin and MinGW for a while, and when
I just had a look at the webpages, it seems that both have change quite a
bit over the last year, so I'm not sure if the makefiles that are provide
in the IPOPT release for Cygwin still work properly (has someone else
tried recently?), and what one has to install.

I will try in the next few days to see if I can successfully install IPOPT
under Windows, and follow up with another message reporting the (hopefully
positive) outcome.