[Coin-ipopt] Re: IPOPT

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Tue Dec 3 09:57:19 EST 2002

Hi Ned,

(I'm cc-ing the answer to your question to the maining list.)

> I am trying to surpress the output on the screen from IPOPT, but I can't
> figure this out from the documentation. What should I set so I do not
> see any output on the screen?

If you set the parameter IPRINT to -1, no output will appear, not to the
screen or a file.

In general, all output of IPOPT is done through the subroutine C_OUT,
which is implemented in

COIN/Ipopt/SOURCES/IPOPT/auxil/c_out.f

It is meant to be customized by a user if necessary (e.g. if you use IPOPT
within matlab under Windows, special functions have to be called for
sending output to the screen, and this is the place where one can change
those things.)

I will update the README.IPOPT file to incorporate this information.

I hope this helps,