[GAMSlinks] Configuring gamslink in cygwin (windows xp)

tng tlingng at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 04:02:48 EDT 2009

Hi

I have an old version of GAMS (version 19.6) for windows. I'm hoping to use
GAMSlinks to give me access to the COIN solvers.

However, when I tried configuring GAMSlinks in cygwin, I keep on getting the
error message "GAMS I/O library does not work". The default is VIS, but when
I tried with WEI, I get the same message. I have changed the compiler flags
as per the installation instructions given.

I am a newbie at Linux commands. I would appreciate it if someone can advice
me on how to continue. My model is too big for me to use a newer GAMS demo
version that comes with the COIN solvers.

Thanks!  tng