[GAMSlinks] Unknown error message

CEPII Christophe Gouel christophe.gouel at cepii.fr
Wed Jun 20 03:54:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

Thank you for having developed this interface. It allows me to pass from
a 8 hours simulation with Conopt to a 6 min with Ipopt.
I am working on an entropy problem of matrix balancing to create a
database. Ipopt works fine with 37 countries (with an amazing speed),
but it refuses to start when I add one more country and gives me the
following error message:

               S O L V E      S U M M A R Y

     MODEL   cross_entropy_OECD_37   OBJECTIVE  H
     TYPE    NLP                     DIRECTION  MINIMIZE
     SOLVER  COINIPOPT               FROM LINE  142639

**** SOLVER STATUS     ERROR SYSTEM FAILURE
**** MODEL STATUS      ERROR NO SOLUTION
**** OBJECTIVE VALUE               NA

 RESOURCE USAGE, LIMIT         NA       1000000.000
 ITERATION COUNT, LIMIT        NA       1000000
 EVALUATION ERRORS             NA             0

With 37 countries, it takes only 190 Mo of memory, so I don't think I
have reached a memory limit.
Do you know how to fix this problem?

Regards,
Christophe Gouel