[FlopCpp] compile errors on Mac OS X with compiler clang

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Tue Feb 16 21:56:39 EST 2016

if I'm not mistaken, this is a long-standing issue that I tried to fix and
just have not been able to crack. On OS X, FlopC++ builds fine with gcc
(which you can install with Homebrew). After repeated attempts at solving
this problem, I sort of gave up, since there is at least one way of
building it under OS X. Sorry that the news is not better...

Cheers,

Ted

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 8:58 PM, Wang Hangzhou <wanghangzhou at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody  encounter these errors when compile Flopc++  1.2.4 on Mac OS
> X 10.11.3 with clang (Apple LLVM version 7.0.2)
>
> In file included from MP_boolean.cpp:11:
> ./MP_domain.hpp:179:18: error: return type of virtual function 'getSet' is
> not
>       covariant with the return type of the function it overrides
>       ('flopc::MP_set_base' is incomplete)
>     MP_set_base* getSet() const {
>                  ^
> ./MP_domain.hpp:19:7: note: forward declaration of 'flopc::MP_set_base'
> class MP_set_base;
>       ^
> In file included from MP_boolean.cpp:12:
> ./MP_set.hpp:212:9: error: no matching conversion for functional-style
> cast from
>       'const flopc::SUBSETREF' to 'flopc::MP_domain'
>         return MP_domain(s);
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Hangzhou